And So the "processing" begins...

Please excuse the "mess"... I'm starting to journalize all the events during Tate's OHS, so for awhile there will be a lot of "back tracking" and the dates will make it seem like there is new stuff, when really its just new "old" stuff.... Probably no one checks this blog anymore anyway.... but just a heads up. ;0)

Saturday, June 13, 2009

For Real?

So we finally received the information packet in the mail Friday afternoon (of course after I had called that morning and left a message for our contact at Cardiothoracic surgery... ugh. She'll call me on Monday and I'll have to tell her we got it.) Anyway, there is now less than three weeks until surgery and its becoming more real.
After the initial news of Tate's surgery I freaked out a bit. When we got the surgery scheduled I was calmer because for one thing it was a ways off! That was a relief to me. I think that though its been in the back of my mind all the time, I've been able to distract myself with other things. Making this blog for one thing has been something I could put my thoughts and energy into as far as thinking and planning for his surgery. I also have plans to make him one of those photobooks to document every little step that he's had to go through to be healed, so he can have it for when he's older, so I've started to focus on my plans for that.
Reading over the packet of information about what we're to do upon arrival.... where we'll go... what we'll do.... what Tate will go through, before, during and after his surgery... it really makes it hit home. My baby really is going to go through this....
...for real!
I know everythings going to be okay, its just the anticipation and 1000% wishing this wasn't real... that this was just a dream. It'll be nice to be on the other side of all of this. By the end of the summer this will all be far behind us.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS- On a mostly unrelated note... one of my all time favorite movies is on this weekend on TNT (3:30pm here in Idaho). John Q. I saw it in the theater in college w/ my roommates, and have loved it ever since. Ironically its about a little boy with heart issues. If you've never seen it, watch it. Its fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. John Q is a great movie. It's good that you have everything to prepare now.

    ReplyDelete