And So the "processing" begins...

Please excuse the "mess"... I'm starting to journalize all the events during Tate's OHS, so for awhile there will be a lot of "back tracking" and the dates will make it seem like there is new stuff, when really its just new "old" stuff.... Probably no one checks this blog anymore anyway.... but just a heads up. ;0)

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tate's 3 Week Check Up...

Today was Tate's 3 week check up. And oh what a check up it was. I was expecting to be in and out, it was just a quick well baby check--shouldn't have taken more than 20 minutes.

Everything was fine and normal until the doctor took a listen to Tate's heart. He thought he heard a pretty loud heart murmur and asked me about it. I hadn't heard anything about a heart murmur from anyone who's listened to his heart in the past, so I told him "not that I've been told about". He left to get the "real" doctor.... (this guy was a physicians assistant... whatever that means?) -- so the doctor came in and listened and agreed that Tate does have a pretty loud heart murmur. They sent me straight up to the hospital to have an echocardiogram (ultrasound on the heart) done on him. Also, they sent me to the lab again to have another bilirubin test done, because he's still quite yellow and its been two weeks since his last check.

So up to the hospital Tate and I went. He had the bilirubin test done first (by a new girl... ugh! poor baby's blood was coming out so slow, it took forever!) and then we went to the echocardiogram room and had the 40 minute long ultrasound done. Tate was hooked up to some wires and had the little ultrasound wand on his chest. He squirmed a little at first, but then ended up falling asleep during the majority of the ultrasound. Of course, he screamed and cried the entire walk out to the car and the drive home.... but he slept right through being prodded w/ the ultrasound wand. So now all the tests have been done and we WAIT!... and we WAIT... and we WAIT...and we WAIT!

The bilirubin test I should hear back on by this afternoon... if not I"ll be calling up there, since they failed to call us two weeks ago w/ the results and I assumed it was because the levels were low and he was fine. That obviously was not the case... someone just dropped the ball. I will not let that happen again, they WILL tell me my baby's levels and if something needs to be done about it.The echocardiogram is being FedEx'd to a hospital in Boise, they will review it and send the results back to our hospital by Thursday... Friday at the latest. So I will be calling the doctor on Friday to see if the results came back in yet. Our peditrician called and got us an appointment with a cardiologist in Idaho Falls, her first available appointment isn't until October 9th, so thats really how long we have to wait to really know anything. I'm hoping they'll give me the report as soon as it comes in, even if we can't go see the cardiologist until the 9th.

So like I said... we WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment